today I reviewed some older pictures I made – and I found an interesting photo but technical wise
not that best shot – It was also a photo I did take almost 1 year ago, and I believe one
of those test shots I made with flash – so my first flash experience.
With the help of Lightroom 3 – I tried to improve the photo and I will show a before & after.
So here is the photo before – the intention was to have a splash after pooring some wine in
a wine glass. As you can see – to dark and also the splashes/drops in the glass does give a messy look.
So in LR3 I did the following :
- Crop image to have the glass start properly from the corner-
- some fill light : 24%
- increased light with 1 stop
- increased clarity and constrast and some vibrance
- the black spots I removed with the Brush
- set clarity and saturation and sharpening to zero
- and use the brush several times so all spots are removed
- for some I used the spot removing tool
and here is the result :
So as you can see – with some imagination and with the help of LR you can rework
your NOT that GOOD shot to give a better look. Of course the goal should be to make
the shot first time right – but in some cases you can upgrade your hard work to give
a better picture.
So don’t be afraid to use the tools available and for all my photo’s I use LR for post
processing and some NIK tools.